From the beauty industry to distribution chains, cannabidiol — or CBD — is having a moment, and it’s not just about the marijuana craze. As more beauty brands turn to the derived plant extract, the CBD beauty boom is heating up. Whether your looking to buy your favorite CBD-infused moisturizer or to learn more about the latest trend, this article will give you all the ins and outs of the growing CBD beauty industry.
1. CBD: The Beauty Buzzword of the Moment
In the beauty space, CBD is the newest ingredient on everyone’s lips. It stands for cannabidiol, a derivative of the cannabis plant research shows has potential health benefits, like reducing inflammation and helping to relax and soothe the mind. CBD is found in products like oil but increasingly, it’s an added ingredient to skincare, haircare, makeup, nail lacquer, and more.
CBD can help keep skin looking youthful and healthy. Thanks to its innate anti-inflammatory properties, it can be used to reduce oil production, balance out skin that’s gone oily or dry and even calm and heal acne breakouts. Plus, antioxidants can help treat environmental damage due to its healing and protective benefits.
CBD can also improve nail health. Studies show that, like skin, nails also absorb and can benefit from CBD. The use of cannabinoid-infused polish helps to hydrate and protect your nails from further damage. CBD-based products can provide the perfect balance of moisture and healthy oils, helping your hands and toes to look their best.
Plus, the antioxidant powers of CBD work to combat oxidative stress on the skin with the added bonus of brightening the complexion. Much like a jolt of caffeine for your skin, antioxidant-rich CBD can help to reduce the appearance of redness, sun spot damage, and other forms of discoloration.
CBD is also a natural treatment for many forms of anxiety. Years of stress can cause the skin to age prematurely, which is why finding skincare including CBD can be beneficial to managing stress and promoting a healthy mood. Regular use of CBD-infused products may help boost narratives such as:
- Reducing inflammation
- Correcting a skin imbalance
- Reducing stress and anxious feeling
- Brightening skin tone
- Protecting nails
2. Exploring the Benefits of CBD Cosmetics
CBD cosmetics are a great way to reap all the incredible beauty care benefits of cannabidiol in a skincare routine. These topical products are created with CBD extract, to create a HYGGE-filled range of products, with effects ranging from a simple glow to a complexion-improving treatment.
- Listen to Your Skin – CBD can help your skin find its natural balance. So, rather than using harsh chemi- cals to soothe or dry out your skin, CBD cos- metics can help you simply find the right bal- ance for your complexion.
- No More Irritation – CBD cosmetics are usually extremely gentle, so they won’t cause any hives or other types of irritation. This makes them a great option for those with sensitive skin and for those who prefer natural beauty products.
- Hydrating Skin Benefits – Keeping your skin hydrated is essential for maintaining a radiant look. CBD cosmetics are packed with natural glycerin and other hydrating ingredients that won’t clog pores. Plus, they can help lock in moisture and reduce limpness.
- Calmness – CBD has powerful antiseptic and antioxidant compounds that help protect your skin, fight inflammation, defend against free radicals and promote a sense of calm.
- Youthful Glow – Many of CBD cosmetics’ magnificent benefits are to make the complexion look youthful and revived. These products are full of vitamins, minerals and essential oils that help unify skin’s tone and texture.
CBD cosmetics are available at beauty stores and local boutiques. And if you want to go green with your beauty routine, selecting products with natural ingredi- ents and natural processes is definitely the way to go. You won’t have to worry about subjecting your skin to harsh chemicals and artificial fragrances any longer.
Aside from keeping your skin looking clean, glowing and hydrated, using CBD cos- metics can benefit you in other ways as well. CBD cosmetics often feature lighter textures, natural scents and other special ingredi- ents or processes to make them that much better for your skin.
3. Riding the Wave: How Brands are Capitalizing on CBD
The full name of the latest craze dominating lifestyle trends is cannabidiol, or CBD, and business owners are catching on in a big way. Teetering on the edge of traditional and alternative markets, CBD companies are leveraging their new-found fame with strategic campaigns, and the results are exciting.
The surge of niche products and services rival any of the most sought-after trends in recent times. With the introduction of CBD, more people than ever feel comfortable and confident in exploring natural remedies. This has presented a valuable opportunity for brands and producers alike to tap into an ever-growing market of potential consumers. Here’s how:
- Exploring industries outside of wellbeing: Companies such as VICE are setting the example for retailers to foray into new territories, incorporating CBD as an ingredient in more than just oils and lotions, introducing CBD gummies, sodas, and as a feature ingredient in diets.
- Engaging influencers: Even more significantly, brands have seen huge results by recruiting influential social media personalities to spread the word. This includes making products more approachable and less intimidating to potential consumers, with the right messaging.
- Prioritizing education: Brands have also adopted an educational aspect to their communication campaigns, assuring customers of the product’s safety, and informing them of the factors to consider when looking for CBD.
- Encouraging involvement:As a modern marketing tactic, companies have been actively engaging their customers in relevant conversations and inviting feedback to understand how to create better products and an enhanced customer experience.
As a whole, the CBD industry is projected to be worth $2.1 billion by 2021 and is sure to only multiply in the years to come. Not only have lifestyle trend seekers become more interested in alternative health and wellness supplements, we are also understanding more how CBD can encourage, and protect a healthier life. With such huge potential, many companies are riding the wave with cautious optimism.
4. The Future of CBD in Beauty Care
The rise of CBD in beauty care shows no sign of slowing down, as more and more people are discovering its incredible restorative and calming effects. With its broad spectrum of applications, the possibilities of how and where to use this beneficial oil seem endless!
- CBD can be used as an oil-based cleanser, a topical lotion, a scrub, or even as an eye cream.
- It can be incorporated into facial masks, mixed into a shampoo or massage oil, and used in other skincare products.
- It can also be used to soothe skin that has been irritated from harsh sun exposure or wind.
Due to its calming effects, CBD is also being used to treat conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and acne. As the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD become more widely known, many experts believe that CBD will become a staple in beauty care regimes. In addition to this, CBD is currently being used to soothe sore muscles and reduce inflammation.
CBD is also being used to combat the effects of ageing. As a natural antioxidant, it helps to protect the skin from environmental toxins and free radicals, while also helping to reduce the look of wrinkles and fine lines. With more and more clinical studies showing that CBD can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing, its potential to combat the signs of ageing is undeniable.
CBD has the potential to revolutionise the beauty industry, and the future looks brighter than ever for this powerful botanical! With its diverse range of benefits and applications, it’s clear that CBD is here to stay as an essential ingredient in beauty care.
The CBD beauty boom has seen consumers turn to this trending ingredient to give both their skin and mood a boost. From beauty serums and moisturizers to cookies and hot chocolates, CBD is steadily making its way into beauty products around the world. With the research into the beneficial properties of CBD still in its early stages, the only thing that’s clear is that the potential of this versatile ingredient has yet to be fully explored.